If you visited their blog, you will have discovered that this project is for memorizing the Psalms. Because Emma, has already shown the first chapter, (click here for the second half) we will show the first half of chapter two. It might be a different version than what Emma is doing, but that's okay, right?
" 1Why do the nations rage, And the peoples meditate emptiness? 2The sovereigns of the earth take their stand, And the rulers take counsel together, Against YHVH and against His Messiah, and say, 3"Let us tear apart Their bonds, And throw away Their ropes from us." 4He who is sitting in the heavens laughs, YHVH mocks at them. 5Then He speaks to them in His wrath, And troubles them in His rage, saying, 6"But I, I have set My Sovereign on Tsiyon (Zion), My set apart mountain."
There is half of Psalm two. You know, to have all the Psalms memorized will be incredible. And think, it's going to happen! Just remember, if you aren't all that great at memorizing (like me, Sophia) don't be discouraged! There always has to be a starting for everything, no matter how long that starting takes. Take this for example. When you first get to know Yeshua, you aren't going to know everything about Him, right? Nobody will ever know everything about Him, but once you start studying, and once you start really meditating and focusing on Him, you will BEGIN learning more. Some will learn faster, some slower. But all those who believe, trust, obey, have faith, and are faithful to Yahweh, will always continue to learn more, and discover incredible things. One of our favorite memory verses is this. It contains so much!
Jeremiah 33:3 says,
"Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
This project is going to take more than hard work and perseverance. It's going to take prayer. So, before you start memorizing, say a prayer. Yahweh will show you great and unsearchable things, you just need to ask Him. I don't know where this verse is found (I can't think today) but I will share you the content. You all have probably heard this verse before. And I might not be saying all of it. Like I said, I can't think today!
"Do everything for the glory of Yahweh"
That means EVERYTHING. Especially memorization of Yahweh's Psalms. If you are doing this project only because it would be cool to have a book of the bible memorized, stop now. This has to be something for the glory of Yeshua. This is a form of worship, and praise to Yahweh. When you ask God what you are supposed to do, He will tell you. Not always right away, but sooner or later, He will. And once He tells you, you can do it. And through doing it, you will learn during the process, whatever it may be. Whether fighting off Goliath, saving the Hebrews from Haman, or just doing the dishes, and memorizing the Psalms. When you study, you learn. When you learn, you can teach others. When you teach others, some look into it. And those who look into it find Yeshua. And then they teach others. It is an amazing process. Pray hard, and ask Yahweh if you are supposed to memorize the Psalms. Maybe you are, maybe not, or maybe just not right now. We will be in prayer about this also.
Psalm 4:1 "Hear my prayer, Lord of my righteousness. You have relieved me in my time of distress; have mercy on me, and hear my prayer!"
Hannah and Sophia
What are your favorite verses? Please comment!
Memorizing the Psalms will be a life changing thing for me. I'm going to try very hard to memorize all of them, even though I may forget some of the words some times.
ReplyDeleteEmma