What is Love?
Love is a challenging affair. It is most necessary for all mankind, but it requires such knowledge that such an emotion can feel impossible. Yet, when one embraces the subject, and strives to learn the knowledge of Messiah, it is most possible indeed.
The modern view of love is the feeling of enchantment, and having your stomach overflow with beautiful butterflies. But please, do consider, this is only a small section of what love is to be in it's purest form.
Love is not lust. Love should never be based off of one's physical appearances, but rather one's heart and devotion.
Love is not weak. Love is strong. Selfless. As a wise woman once said, "Love does not give you what you want. Love gives you what you need." When one is drawn towards another in beautiful emotions, be it a mother, father, or soul mate, rather than showering them and fulfilling their selfish desires, they should study their heart. Their soul. Learn their thoughts, and through prayer determine their needs. Not wants.
Love IS NOT controlling. Love opens the door to new possibilities and molds the soul into something beautiful. Love is not a cement box in which one must force his/herself to be happy in. Love has no limits.
Love is a selfless emotion. A humble emotion. Love is the emotion of kindness, gentleness and consideration. Love is the most innocent and pure emotion of which all things are made lovely.
Love is good.
"I may speak in the tongues of men; even angels, but if I lack love, I have become merely blaring brass or a cymbal clanging. I may have the gift of prophecy, I may fathom all mysteries, know all things, have all faith - enough to move moutains; but if I lack love, I am nothing. I may give away everything I own, I may even hand over my body to be burned; but if I lack love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind, not jealous, not boastful, not proud, rude or selfish, not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not gloat over other peoples sins, but it takes delight in the truth. Love always bears up, always trusts, always hopes, always endures. Love never ends;" 1 Corinthians 13:1-8by: Sophia
From Sophia's Scribbles
I hope that this has been a blessing in some way. Love and blessings to you! Shalom!
Sophia & Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment